Setting up a Facebook page for your business is easy however it’s critical to set it up properly to take full advantage of Facebook’s inherently viral platform. Some steps, like choosing a category and page name, can’t be changed after you select them so it’s really important to do it right from the outset. Also, by following this guide, you’ll also get the most out of your Facebook page whether if you’re looking for the SEO benefits or to simply maximize positive word of mouth about your business on Facebook.
Top 10 Most Critical Steps for Creating a Facebook Page for your Business
1. Create an Official Page on Facebook for your business – NOT a community page, group or personal account. Get started by visiting http://www.facebook.com/pages.
2. Pick the correct category. For most local businesses, select ‘Local Business’ and then ‘Local Business’ or the most appropriate category from the dropdown box that will appear. This cannot be changed after you select ‘Create page’!
3. Select the most appropriate Page name. This cannot be changed after you select ‘Create page’!
4. Change the Wall setting for the ‘Default View for Wall’ to ‘All Posts’.
5. Upload a profile picture that’s optimized for the Wall thumbnail picture.
6. Fill out the information tab about your business’s location, phone number, hours, and website. The ‘Basic Info’ section will appear on the Wall tab.
7. Add any important additional details about your business in the Blurb area (the box right below the profile picture) such as your business’s website, slogan, or special services.
8. Create a custom landing tab for people who visit your Page and aren’t connected to it.
9. Create a communication plan for the Wall, publish content regularly and respond to Wall Posts from your Page connections.
10. Upon reaching 25 connections, secure a custom URL for your page. A custom URL looks like ‘http://www.facebook.com/YOURBUSINESSNAMEHERE’. This cannot be changed after you select a custom URL username for you page!
Post written by Helen Todd aka @helenstravels. To learn more from fbadz.com, connect with us on Facebook!