Managing a community on Facebook takes a lot of time. Many admins of pages on Facebook need to be connected 24/7 to the pages they manage. Well, what happens when you need to leave the house to get groceries, pick up the kids or maintain your social life? Up until now the best you could do was to check in on your page from your mobile device, through your personal Facebook account, however, your admin privileges were quite limited. Creating tools for admins seems to be the trend at Facebook lately, as they released their new Facebook Page Manager app a few weeks ago, as well as the new roles for admins and ability to schedule posts. This new app gives page owners the power to manage their pages on the go through their iPhone or iPad and will allow them more flexibility in managing pages, as well as their day.
Here’s the down low for what you can do from the Pages Manager App:
- Check page activity
- View Insights
- Interact with audience
- Post status updates
- Upload photos
- Respond to comments
- Receive notifications
Using the Pages Manager App:
- Open the app and log in. You should be directed to the Facebook app to authorize the app access to your Facebook account. If you haven’t installed the Facebook app, you can also log in via a Web page and then authorize the app.
- After you authorize the app, you will be directed back to the Pages Manager app. The structure looks very similar to your personal Facebook account, only now you will be viewing your Pages. You can click back and forth through the different Pages you manage.
- The main view in the Pages Manager app allows you to post status updates, upload photos and generally interact with the Page you have displayed.
- You will receive alerts about push notifications about any activity taking place on your Pages. (We recommend tuning these down if you manage many Pages or your phone will be beeping all the time.)
- Clicking on the Filter button gives you the option to see posts from your fans, your Page’s posts and posts that have been hidden on the Page.
- Click on the icon in the top-left corner to view Insights and other Page admins. To switch to a different Page, click on the name of the Page on the list.